Wednesday, Lorraine Paton included me in a Very Inspiring Blog award. After I left Calgary and moved to the middle of nowhere in British Columbia – I continued as a member of Alberta Romance Writer’s Association with very little interaction. Then Lorraine made contact through Facebook and inspired me to join in and be part of the group. I will always remember her help and amazing advice. Now I’m back in Calgary and happy to be part of a group again.
- Link back to the person who nominated me for the award.
- Display the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
- Reveal 7 things about myself.
- Nominate others to receive the award and continue the fun!
Seven Facts about Mary M. Forbes
- I love the wind. Even as a child I could gallop my horse and the wind would always blow even my head aches away.
- I used to be what I called a ‘clothes horse’ when I worked in offices. I didn’t follow trends – but I always needed to have my style in place. Not so much today.
- I shake and tremble if I have to speak in front of strangers. Even small groups scare me.
- Nature inspires me. I can sit and watch busy ants to birds building a nest for long periods of time. I also watch and love the changes in the sky.
- My heart melts when I watch my three year old grand-daughter put her sunglasses on top her head, pick up a book and sit scribbling in it very quietly as she turns the pages, just like grandma – she’s already editing books.
- I want to take a cruise through the Mediterranean and stop to sit on the beach drinking wine in Greece and Italy especially. Another dream is a cruise down the Rhine River and exploring the wineries and castles along the banks of the river.
- I’m thinking very strongly of moving to a Caribbean Island for winter months when I retire.
Carmen Stefanescu: – I was fascinated when I heard Carmen writes and lives in mysterious Dracula country. She has helped and motivated me many times. Thanks Carmen – Author of Shadows of the Past, an excellent paranormal romance.
Kathleen Ball, Western Romance: – I was trilled to meet Kathleen, through a Coffee-Time romance group on Facebook. Kathleen writes the books I love – western romance and she didn’t disappoint me. She has a number of books and they are well worth reading.. Sexy cowboys and Texas. What more does a girl need?
Melisa M. Hamling: – Melisa sure knows how to write a review. Her YA story – Twenty Weeks was controversial and took courage to write. She has since written many other novels including contemporary romance.
Jumbled Writer: – I’ve known Charlie (Jumbled Writer) a long time. Watching him grow and develop as a writer has been a special joy in my career. Charles has already authored two books – Glass People and a sequel just released. He will go far in his endeavors I’m sure.
And now it’s your turn. What do you enjoy in life?